Help us to care for this wonderful Library for future generations!
You can help us by:
- donating what you can afford to secure the Library’s future
- volunteering – to help with fundraising, and duties in the Library
- spreading the word. We would love to read about your visit on Twitter, Facebook and Trip Advisor!
How to donate
You can donate in a number of ways:
- Online – Make a one-off online donation with the Paypal button on the right
- Alternatively, can call us on 028-37523142 to make a donation by cheque or balance transfer.
The collections at Armagh Robinson Library and No 5 have been built up over nearly two and half centuries. They are very diverse and contain many rare items. The Library is keen to expand and build upon the collections. It welcomes offers of material for its collections, however, the costs of caring for the collections are high, and space is very limited. It is important that we do not duplicate material or objects that fall outside our Collection Development Policy. In view of this, we are not able to accept everything that is offered to us. Instead, we need to know more about the item(s) being offered before we can decide whether or not they are suitable for the collection.
How to donate
- Contact the Library in writing or by telephone before bringing in your objects – contacting us in advance can help avoid disappointment
- If possible send a snapshot so that we can see what the objects look like.
It may be that your donation is exactly what we have been looking for as it fits in with our Collection Development Policy, is in good condition and has a full history. In this case it will be accepted into our permanent collections.
We currently actively collect on the following four subjects:
- Jonathan Swift
- Saint Patrick
- Local History (Armagh City and County)
- Church History
Objects that fall outside these categories may however still be of interest, especially if they complement objects already in the collections.
However, it may be that for a variety of reasons we are unable to accept your offer. Please do not be offended. It may be that we already have a similar example in the collection. It may be that your object is of a subject type that we do not collect (but another museum or library might), or is in a poor condition. Our staff will be able to advise you in this case.
Hopefully your object is just what we are looking for. Your object will be carefully stored, and will be available for research, study and education purposes.
Please do note, however, that:
- The Library does not normally accept material on long-term loan.
- Material is not accepted with specific conditions attached.